Banana leaves provide another source of leaf litter and bio-film in your aquarium. The leaves decay over time, providing your shrimp with a consistent food source and surface area for bio-film growth. These leaves have similar properties to Indian Almond Leaves, and are washed and sun-dried to ensure they are of a high quality for your tanks.
Benefits of Tantora DRIED BANANA LEAF
- Reduces the PH of your water (less than Catappa leaves)
- Relieves stress
- Anti-bacterial properties
- Stimulates aquarium fish color
How to use?
- Boil the leaves for a few minutes before use.
- Recommendation is to have leaves at different stages of decomposition within your tank at any one point
Banana leaves are a good source of natural food for your shrimp, whilst also providing anti-bacterial properties to your tank. As with all Tantora products, these leaves are hand picked and 100% organic, ensuring they are free of any harmful toxins or pesticides. As with all leaf matter, we recommend boiling/blanching these leaves for a few minutes before introducing them to the aquarium, to ensure the leaves sink immediately.